Today I am going to talk about a little accident that I had with a Candle, yes a Candle. I know what you’re thinking, a Candle and a Visually Impaired person, what a fantastic mix.
Let me set the scene. It was late at night, and I had been going through a really bad spell of Insomnia. This is when I pulled out my little arsenal of sleeping tricks.
The first, counting sheep. It never works does it? Then I thought I would try Hot Milk.
I decided to go downstairs and make myself a nice Mug of White Hot Chocolate.
I warmed up my Milk, and added my White Hot Chocolate to the Mug. In case you were wondering, I used the Whittard of Chelsea Strawberries & Cream White Hot Chocolate. After adding the powder and mixing well, I took it back upstairs.
This is where I should tell you, another one of my sleeping tricks is to light a Candle. Before I had gone to make my Drink, I had lit the Let’s Glow candle by Zoella, and left it on my Bedside Cabinet.
I went into my room and put my Drink down on the same above mentioned Cabinet.
I thought I had enough room to put both the Mug and the Candle on the Cabinet, but it turns out I didn’t.
This is when the Mug, and Candle toppled over. I now had Strawberries & Cream Milk all over the Carpet. This is also when I realised the Candle was still lit, and it was now on the floor on it’s side.
Ah crap, I thought, and quickly blew out the Candle, just in time too,. The only trouble was that I now had a puddle of melted Wax all over the Carpet.
Luckily I noticed just in time, before it burned anything.
You see this is why I really shouldn’t use Candles. It’s still not going to stop me though.
Have you ever had any Candle accidents too? What’s your favourite flavour of Hot Chocolate? Please let me know down below.
This Post may contain Affiliate Links, but Posts are not Affiliate driven.