I’ve seen this tag floating around on some of my visually impaired and blind friends blogs, and seeing as how I really like the questions, I thought it was about time I told you my answers.
- What Medical Condition Caused You To Be Visually Impaired or Blind??
As you probably already know, my condition is called Retinitis Pigmentosa, which effects the cells in my retina. This also means that I suffer from Night Blindness, basically I can’t see in the dark, and I also suffer from Tunnel Vision, it’s not really like looking through a tunnel, it’s more like a funnel, but i’m rambling.
2. In Three Words, Discribe Your Vision.
Frustrating, Wonderful, and Irritating.
3. What Is The Hardest Thing To Do Being Blind Or Visually Impaired?
Shaving. I never seem to get all those bloody little hairs. We’ve evolved over thousands of years, why do we have facial hair anyway?
4. What Is The Best Part About Being Blind Or Visually Impaired?
Oh there are so many for me, but the main one has to be my Disabled Travel Card. This means that I can travel by train throughout my county, and all over the country by bus for free..
5. What Question Do You Get Asked Most About Or Because Of Your Vision?
So… how much can you actually see. I don’t mind it really. It’s nice that people ask, I just wish they weren’t so awkward about it, haha!
6. Do You Have A Cane, A Guide Dog, Or Neither?
If you’ve been reading for a while, you’ll know I have a cane. I did apply for a Guide Dog, but as some of you may know, that didn’t go so well, haha. At lease I tried.
7. What One Piece Of Advice Would You Give To Someone Who Is Losing, Going To Lose, Or Has Lost Their Vision?
It will be ok eventually. Of course you need to grieve, but just because you are going blind, or have lost your sight, it isn’t the end of your life.
8. What One Piece Of Advice Would You Give To A Sighted Person About Interacting With A Person Who Is Blind Or Visually Impaired?
We may be visually impaired, but we aren’t invalids. We can do pretty much anything by ourselves, but if we do need your help, we’ll ask.
9. Why Did You Start YouTube/Blogging?
I started because I saw other amazing people, including Tommy Edison doing it, and thought I could do it too.
10. Name Three People To Do This Tag Next.
Hopefully this has given you a little more insight into my life. I love doing tags, and if you know of any you think I would like, please let me know.
This Post may contain Affiliate Links, but Posts are not Affiliate driven.